Friday, June 27, 2008

The week without Mark

For those who don't know, Mark has been out of town for 8 days on a High Adventure Trip with the scouts. This was an adventure for me since this is the first time that Mark has ever left for such a long period of time. We've been apart for this long before, but it's usually me who leaves to go visit my family. This time I was the one to stay behind with the kids to act as mom/dad. I have to admit it's easier to be the one who leaves. :)

We've had a wonderful week, but it's definitely had it's moments. The day Mark left I found out my sister was getting a divorce. I was depressed for a couple of days and even got sick. I'm thankful for my sister-in-law and her husband for having our little family over for dinner on Sunday. On Tuesday night LeAnna helped out by playing racquetball with me and then going to TCBY for a little treat. On Thursday night they invited us once again to join them for pizza and games at their house. I'm thankful for their friendship, love, and support. We love you guys!

Our little family has had fun swimming, playing with friends, having a sleep over with Mama and Papa, and a sleep over at Jim and LeAnna's. We've been shopping, we've watched movies, and we've stayed up late. Over all it's been a good week, but we are looking forward to seeing Mark tomorrow afternoon.

I thought it would be fun to post the many faces and emotions of Jana during the week of Mark's absence. :)


The happy face
The sad/depressed face

The pulling out my hair face

Yeah! Mark's home!!!! face

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Jana you are such a goof! That's why I love ya so much!!

Amy said...

I make those faces everyday, all day long and it isn't even when Derek is out of town. It must be just the six kids syndrome for me!!!